The Arvigo Techniques of
Maya Abdominal Therapy™
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ and Spiritual Healing are inspired by traditional Maya healing techniques. The techniques were developed by Dr. Rosita Arvigo based on her apprenticeship with the Maya healer Don Elijio Panti and her own education, training and research as a naturopathic physician. The techniques work to restore the body to its natural balance by correcting the position of organs that have shifted and restrict the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi energy.
My Maya Story
I didn’t find Maya Abdominal Therapy, Maya Abdominal Therapy found me. In a matter of just a few months, I was told by friends, and even strangers that I should look in to this therapy multiple times – even by a stranger while on a retreat!
So, finally decided to experience this therapy myself. After my first session, I felt an amazing sense of peace and wholeness that I hadn’t remembered ever feeling. My long term goal was to get myself balanced and healthy and for my husband and I to conceive our first child in the next year or so. After just a few sessions in less than 4 months and taking a combination of herbal remedies, I was given the most amazing gift – I found out I was pregnant! I received Maya Therapy throughout my pregnancy and have since been blessed with a healthy, vibrant baby boy
I soon began my training to be a practitioner and was told that it’s common for practitioners to be “tapped on the shoulder” by the Mayan gods to do this work. I now combine the Maya Abdominal Therapy Techniques with my knowledge of herbs and nutrition to provide a holistic approach to wellness.
Why Maya Abdominal Therapy?
Increased fertility health is just one of the many benefits of this work. The following is a list of the most common symptoms improved by incorporating the Maya Abdominal Therapy.
- Painful & irregular periods
- Irregular menstrual cycle and ovulation
- Varicose veins of the legs and hemorrhoids
- Low back pain
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus
- Bladder and yeast infections
- Chronic miscarriages and fertility issues
- Difficult menopause
For Men and Women:
- Low back pain
- Low energy
- Headaches and migraines
- Chronic stress and tension
- Holding on of emotional traumas
- Digestive issues including
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Crohn’s Disease
What to expect in your initial Maya Abdominal Session with me:
- A review of your health history, eating habits as well as concerns and goals for your future health
- Abdominal massage, focused on bringing your body back into balance and releasing congestion
- Your session might also include work on your sacrum and lower back
- Instruction of Self Care Massage – you learn how to use special techniques to help your body heal come into balance
- Learn about complimentary modalities that support your health and wellness. This could include use of the faja (organ support wrap), Herbal Vaginal Steam, Caster oil packs and herbal remedies
- Nutritional recommendations based on your current diet and lifestyle
Follow up sessions with me:
- Abdominal massage therapy
- Review of your self care techniques
- Review of your progress since our last session
- Review of your diet and further suggestions
My office is in Broad Ripple
at Indy’s holistic haven, The Playful Soul.
Call 317-501-7606 or email email@example.com for questions or to book an appointment.
Please visit www.arvigotherapy.com for more information on Maya Abdominal Massage